Saturday, February 14, 2009

Little Visitors or Jenny Wren & Friends....

These are the visitors we find outside our homeschool window. When we studied birds I could barely get the kids to look up into a tree but now we are all fascinated by them.
The Wren
This is the first year we have seen blue jays. They are fairly large and chase off the other birds but their coloring makes them stunning to view.

The regal Cardinal (even though Standford is my mortal enemy the cardinal is a beautiful bird, now if they could just decide if their mascot is a tree or a bird...both are so ferocious! GO BEARS!!)




I think this is a Carolina Chickadee


American Robin



I know it's a bad picture but this is the first painted bunting I've ever seen out here!

Mourning Doves

Luke 12:6-8 :Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. "I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God.
Rooster Hill





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! (as the saying goes) These are great pictures! Thanks for posting things like this!!!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Did you participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count this past weekend?

texasmcvays said...

No, my friend Linda informed me that the Backyard Bird Count was going on and I forgot to participate. Truly, I took these pictures in about 10 minutes excpet the cardinal was the next day. I am going to have to put the BBC on my lesson plan for next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter