Friday, February 20, 2009

6 Week Homeschool Review

Well, in an earlier post I announced the fact we are moving to 6 week terms with a quick periodic review. The picture is of our super fancy 6 week review sheet. So far I am really enjoying this new schedule.
Anyway, this is the end of our first official 6 week term so it is time to assess our progress over the term . What I found was except for Parker's Math (where we are a couple of lessons ahead) we were a couple of lessons behind in most subjects. I know we had a couple of days off for illness, a trip to Houston and field trips so I am not going to worry too much about this.
The one thing I want to note is that if the trend occurred over our 36 week school year we would be about 30 lessons short in one subject. Prior to my periodic analysis I would not have noticed this deficit. This is exactly why I wanted to get a tighter reign on homeschool progress. So over the next six weeks I will also write on our family calendar if and why we miss school so I can go back and review this at the end of our next 6 weeks.
This is the thing about my view of Christian homeschooling, it's not just for my kids, it is unto the Lord. I want to make sure that I am diligent in teaching my children to the Glory of God.

Additionally, we have exciting news the Rooster Hill Christian Academy is switching to Christian Light Education for the non-unit study portions of our school! This decision is a result of my reading the book Christian Homeschooling and was confirmed by the book Wayne is reading (Family Man, Family Leader). I am going to post a review of Christian Homeschooling: Foundation & Practice, in which I will discuss in detail why we are switching curriculum. We are very excited about using this solidly Christian Curriculum for our Language Arts, Reading & Bible along side our Christian Cottage Unit Study.
Taking a break at RHCA!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter