Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grocery Shopping & More: 99Cents Only Store



They have opened a couple of these .99 Only Stores around town on in Bryan in the old Kroger Shopping Center and in College Station in the Toys R Us Shopping Center. Let me tell you they have produce, cheese, milk etc... For weeks I was buying a 4# bag of red apples & a 4# bag of oranges for .99!!!! Now the produce varies so you cannot count on the fruit. But the last time I was in there they had a 5# bag of potatoes for .99!

  • For you organic gals they carry many organic products.
  • For you Diabetics they carry lots of sugar free goodies!
  • For you brand names gals they carry brand names (but you still need to break the brand name addiction cycle!)
  • For you decorating gals they have lots of cute seasonal decorations!
  • For us cheapskates (like me) some of their prices really beat Wal-Mart!


You'll notice I spend about $20 there each trip to the store! Now just like in any situation you have to know your prices & quantities. You can loose money at the .99 Store for instance I purchased a 1# box of brown sugar there and then checked the price at Wal-Mart. I was right it was just over $1 ($1.28) but it was 1 2# bag! So be careful and happy shopping my little merchant ships!

1 comment:

Joan J said...

We have Dollar Stores in our area and I did check it out, but most of the food was of the junk-food variety. I'll have to see if the 99 cent stores are in our area. Another store in our area is Big Lots and I have purchased off-name foods there at a good discount.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter