Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting Ready for Soccer Season (or whatever sport you kid plays): Large Family Logistics

As I am working my way through Large Family Logistics I have been reminded of how smoothly our life ran when I was more organized and thus have dedicated this year to organization.

This year my focus is on getting organized and making lists so I am constantly thinking about things in the future. One of the things that causes a lot of busyness at our house is soccer season. We are usually gone 1 night a week for practice and at least 1/2 a day on Saturday. Being gone can and does wreak havoc on my home management abilities.

So I am resolved to be prepared for this event as much as possible. So here are some of the things I can take care of before hand:

For the Team
  • First Wayne & I usually coach both girls teams.
  • 2 sets of emergency snack (to cover forgetful parents)
  • Buy my  2 sets of snacks of as soon as I see a good sale
  • a blanket for the kids to sit on (really it keeps them off the field)
  • trash bag (after snack time)
  • end of year gifts/gift certificate for players
  • Note cards for the players I write each player 2 notes of encouragement during the year. I can write most of the notes before hand because the majority of it is scripture.
  • Buying extra water bottles for practice & games.

Our kiddos comfort
  • snacks for our kiddos at the field
At Home
  • Saturday soccer check of list so everyone can help.
  • I am cooking double meals now to put in the freezer so I can just defrost it on practice days.
  • Planned really easy fast meals for game days!
Once the season starts
  • I will leave our snacks and the emergency snacks in the van!
Looking for:
  • Cheap Pop up canopy
  • wagon for the twins
  • cute sweats to coach in

Can any of you think of some things I can take care of ahead of time? I'd really appreciate your help!

May the Lord grant your family peace through all the 'seasons' of your lives!
Rooster Hill

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter