Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Worship like Pearson Eats


Well, last week I was sitting and listening to Butch's sermon and I just got stuck on that verse from Romans 12:2 (I like to look before and after a verse also): "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ". Then I was watching Pearson eat and started to think about how that is how I want to conform my life. I want my walk with Christ to look like Big baby eating! When she is eating we all know she is eating, when she wants her food everyone know she's hungry(for goodness sake she's hollering for it) when she is done eating its all over her. You can see what she ate, smell what she ate and you can touch it because she is wearing it! I want my life to drip with God just like that! When someone sees me coming I want them to look at me and know I love God! Just like everyone knows Pearson loves her food! I'm not there yet but that is how I want to finish my race and testify to God with food all over my face! Thanks little Pearson I knew you were going to be a Godly gal!

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

That is awesome.

We should be like that 24/7.

We should be like Paul in Acts 20:24 and consider our life worth nothing if we do not finish the race we started in Christ Jesus of testifying to the gospel of God's grace...hmmm...that verse has been coming up to me a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter