Friday, April 06, 2012

Week in Review: Hospital, Lapbooks & American Heritage Girls


In my life this week…We went to the hospital, had American Heritage Girls meeting but for most of the week we hunkered down after the hospital trip.I actually completed quite a bit of house work and a bunch of laundry this week. It's amazing how much you can get done when the kids are recovering from illness. Ha!

Despite our recent illness we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of Easter this weekend.

In our homeschool this week… We really did not do a lot of homeschool this week. As I am writing this post on Thursday evening I think I am dedicating Friday to drama and will write an Easter Play for the kids to perform for Dad. This should be interesting to say the least. And they'll all do piano practice and Sweetie will do a math lesson too. The little blessings are starting to get their energy back.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… We went to American Heritage Girls this week and the girls are having a good time and I'm getting the hang of being a leader. This week Bullet was in the Flag Ceremony.

My favorite thing this week was…getting out of the hospital. How's that for a highlight?!?!? Some folks would say Aruba, or skiing not me...we are out of the hospital. So we were in the hospital Sunday & Monday with Bubba.  He has Reactive Airway Disease (RAD) this was our 4th trip to the hospital in less then a year. I love getting sprung and coming home. 

 I am very thankful for the Dinners that were brought to us at the hospital from our church family and our friends the Loyd's.
Things I’m working on… We are trying to add some history to Bullet's curriculum. I am hoping she is going to be able to complete this mostly on her own. If you have any experience with this curriculum I'd love to hear what you think about it. This is our first time  doing a Hands of a Child Lapbook.


#2 thing I'm working on ...is  amassing more holiday books for the family to bask in glory that each holiday we celebrate provides us with another chance to celebrate our Savior anew.

I’m reading… the Duggar's book A Love that Multiplies.
What can I say about her books the woman has 19 kids from baby to married. This qualifies her to have some knowledge for me to glean and I again gleaned some more knowledge from her book. Her books are very encouraging and this this book is written in a conversational way and is easy to read even though it will take me a couple of weeks to finish it.
I’m cooking… Ham, hot cross buns, asparagus, salad & snickers cake. We'll also make cookies and Meat Pies.
I’m grateful for… my friend Kelli Hudson who taught me how to sew. I was ever so thankful while I was sewing a bunch of patches onto 3 AHG vests!

I’m praying for…the Lassisters, a local homeschool family, their son went canoeing in Washington State and they are still looking for him. article

This is linked to the following great blogs:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a very busy week! I will be praying for the Lassister family as well... Very sad!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Hope you don't have any more bouts with RAD. My youngest has asthma and that often flares up this time of year, too.

texasmcvays said...

@ Zookeeper it was actually a kinda lazy week since we didn't do school but I got a lot of housework done. Funny how that works. @See Jamie Blog..Thanks for the camera tips! Yeah, RAD is scary because it hits hard and quick. My hope he that he out grows it Lord willing!

Unknown said...

Oh, gosh, RAD sounds scary! I hope he's well and doesn't have another incidence! Is it like asthma? My daughter had her first asthma attack (at almost 10!) that ended us us at the ER twice in one weekend in December. Scary!

One of these things I miss about having no cable is the Duggars show. I always enjoyed it! I should get the book. (I've read the other.)

Thanks for stopping by and reading about our tea and poetry. The kids had a blast picking out poems to memorize (mostly) and even listening to our poems.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter