Saturday, November 12, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…

I feel like this week was kind of a blur but I did get some of the trip planning for our up coming trip to California done. I am getting ready to go away for an Anniversary weekend with my dear husband.

In our homeschool this week… Well, we did not accomplish a lot this week. At the end of this next week we are breaking for Thanksgiving/Christmas. We are going on a two week vacation then we have Christmas so we really have to get to a good stopping place in our curriculum because we will not resume school until January. But due to our hectic schedule we did not get nearly as much accomplished as I hoped and it appears some kiddos may be completing school assignments up until the date of departure.

On a happy note we participated in Hymnfest which is the local music teachers competition where children play hymns for judges and are graded according to their performance. Unprepared, good, very good, excellent & superior. The final 3 levels all get ribbons. And much to my great joy we came out of Hymnfest with 3 ribbons! All the girls did very well.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…Don't act like me stay at home.

I am inspired by…  Michelle Duggar and her love for children that has lead her another blessed pregnancy! That I could love my

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
On Monday ECI came here to complete therapy on the twins. On Tuesday we went to Speech therapy. On Wednesday we went to Art in the Morning. On  Thursday we went to piano lessons which are normally at our house but due to Hymnfest we went to the piano teacher's house. On Friday we went with several other students & teachers and played at an Alzheimer's nursing home.This was the problem with homeschool this week the places we went :/





My favorite thing this week was… a date with my husband. We went to an awards banquet at Wings N More and ate loads of free wings. Did you know they serve ribs? They do and they are really good but I'm sure I can order ribs at a wings joint. After dinner we went to Starbucks drank coffee & laughed.



What’s working/not working for us… IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing) is really working well for our homeschool. The children are able to turn in paper each week and due to IEW their writing is much improved.

 Questions/thoughts I haveI am really thinking about how to further streamline our homeschool. As the year continues we are becoming more of a Robinson curriculum kind of school. I am wondering what subjects the children are currently taking that may be redundant. 

We also adjusted our schedule to do Bible Read Aloud, Bible Memory & Bible Reading at the front end of our homeschool. This has been a challenge because on our busy days this is all we got done. I have had to remind myself (as silly as it sounds) that those days were truly a success!


Things I’m working on…Organizing the house one bite at a time. I am really trying to get some systems in place to keep our home orderly and running smoothly. Accordingly, we went and listened to Rick Grubb speak regarding Time Management.

I’m reading… A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family by Oystn. It's been a really good. It is one of 4 books that I have started but haven't yet finished.

I’m cooking… A family favorite King Ranch Chicken.

I’m grateful for… Jason & Meg because they babysat the bambinos so we could have a date night.

I’m praying for… my friend TA as she waits for a second mammogram & for my friend Julie's Dad with cancer. Please lift them up as you are reading this post.

I hope you all have a wonderful school week!

This post is part of Homeschool Mother's Journal & Weekly Wrap-up!


1 comment:

PrairieJenn said...

Yay for date night!

I am inspired by Michelle as well. She's truly an awesome woman, and I am grateful for the chance to have spent a little time with her discussing families:)

I just finished reading their newest book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter