Wednesday : Beans, rice & cornbread
Thursday: Pizza & Salad
Friday: Chicken pot pie & salad
Saturday: Left Overs from Parker's Birthday Taco Buffet
Sunday: Frozen Homemade burritos, Mexican corn
(Make you want to ...) Slap your Mama Butternut Squash Soup
Please be aware this website advises you not to slap your Mama!
- large onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups steamed butternut squash (when you steam it you can add it peel and all!)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup of milk
In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
Puree squash, milk and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
for more menus check out Org Junkies MPM!