Saturday, May 15, 2010

Great Advice for Raising Children

I wish I had some flowery prose to throw at you about how to raise kids. Just do this do that and BAM... a holy kid! Nope...I don't what I have is hope and faith that Gods word does not return void. Because at the end  of the day I am so stinking tired. I wish I had a recorder to talk for me it would say the things that I repeat all day. Then I'd have loads more energy for the last I love you's, for many more smiles and grubby muddy kisses. .

Even now in the silence of the night my God speaks "there is nothing is new under the sun" Ecc. 9! I'm surely not as tired as 'David as Saul pursued him' or as frustrated as David must have been with Absalom (when he tried to overthrow the kingdom), I shouldn't be as worried as Ruth. Even though I feel so tired of the same battles this is my Jericho I even have  chance to prepare for battle. Unfortunately, I usually have to march a whole lot more around these walls to make them fall down. 

Even as I sit in amazement that while we are listening to the Gospels on CD children are getting angry because their sister put her books on the table (saying in my head foolishness is in the heart of a child why are you surprised). Some days the Lord is so sweet to me and I see a glimpse of the finish line in a child. Many days I walk the same paths, saying the same things and often to the same child. and I wonder if  Jeremiah felt like this....is anyone listening?
We all sin and fall short of the Glory of God Romans 3:23
foolishness is in the heart of a child Proverbs 22:15
the heart is deceitful above all else and beyond a cure Jeremiah 17:9
the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour 1 Peter 5:8
I find that as I put aside surprise or disappointment and accept the truths of the word days have become more peaceful. Jeremiah 4:22

Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you. Leviticus26:8

Also, I am not trying to make robots...I am raising God's army. An army that can make righteous decisions at all times a fierce army that can chase a hundred! Robots would be so much easier I could set up my list and proceed to enforce it to the letter of the law. But soldiers must be trained and armed and have something to fight for. I know my job is important, it's just hard but I have my Lord and he tells me not "to grow weary in doing good for at the proper time I will reap  harvest if I do not give up. Gal 6:9  That if I continue to turn them back to the Lord there will be a harvest.

So I said all of this just to get to my great advice search the scriptures for your marching orders. Pray and talk to your God about your kids and PRAY some more.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
His word is clear.We are raising a mighty army for God...one (sometimes long but always meaningful) day at a time with a bucket load of grace.

----
NOTE: All mentions of God (my God, your God etc...) are the great I AM the one true God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter