Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Cleaning

This week we are on break from (home)school but even after the break I want to discipline myself to maintain constant order at home. After we moved into the new house I fell off of the flylady bandwagon. So now I am dragging myself back on the bus, thank goodness I am not kicking and screaming I can really be a handful!

Anyhoo, this is just a heads up that over the next few weeks we are going to focus on spring cleaning and just getting my house back in order. Despite the fact we live out in the country we usually have unexpected guests 1-2 per week and, College Students & recent grads on Mondays & Wednesdays. That's loads of folks coming to visit these country bumpkins!

This means sticking more closely to my homeschool schedule which includes three 15 minute quick cleans! Also means following and adjusting my personal cleaning schedule to fit my current life. Finally I am considering changing our chore list to switch to using jurisdictions for the children. I am hoping this will encourage them to keep their assigned areas clean. So you are invited to join us as we clean our dwelling place too!

I will be referencing About.com's Spring Cleaning Extravaganza, Heritage Homeschool and my favorite Flylady, of course.

Finally, get your frugal ideas ready to link to the first frugal 15th. Which of course will be focusing on cleaning!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter