Saturday, September 06, 2008

What does a really cool $3 Christmas gift look like?

Periodically, I will reveal some of the great things I've found in my frugal ways. This is a really cool store that specialize in Early American Products so at the Texas Home School Convention I picked up 4 gifts from these folks for a total of $15!

Due to reading Pocahontas by D'Aluaire and our love of the Daniel Boone the TV show from the 1960's and my kids love to play Indian. So I purchased each of them a real leather headband that can be decorated with anything from a sharpie to some crafty stuff! $3 each!!!
Ever since we studied birds Peyton has been trying to write with a feather.She apparently thought that was the coolest thing ever! But chicken feather's don't work so well so she got a feather pen with an ink well.
My philosophy with gift buying is to get the person something I know they want or would truly appreciate. I write down ideas in my to-do book so I will remember. I'm not worried if a gift cost .10 or $20 as long as it is both within my budget and something that person will truly appreciate. I keep that scripture in mind that God gives us good gifts and I want my kids to know that good does not equal a lot of money....So many of us adults have blessings and money confused. The word says children are a blessing and let me tell you they cost a lot of money!

Rejoicing in the Deal, RH

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter