As you know we are on the search for good crock pot recipes. We need crock pot recipes every Sunday and 1-2 other days of the week. We do not eat that much roast or chili so we need to find a variety of good tasting crock pot recipes for us to enjoy here at Casa McVay.
We tried two new crock pot recipes this week Fussy day Chicken was a loser but Pepper Jack Chicken is definitely a keeper. This recipe is from Kelli at "There is no place like home" , it is a Mexican style dish. She suggests that you serve it over rice and we did and it was very tasty! I also served Tortillas with it and will next time have some refritos.
Pepper Jack Chicken
2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or tenders,cut into chunks
1 package frozen multicolor sweet pepper strips
½ cup chunky salsa
¼ teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
½ to ¾ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Place the first four ingredients (chicken, pepper strips, salsa, and chili powder) in a slow cooker, but do not turn on yet.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and salt and cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth. Return to heat and cook, stirring often, until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in the cheese until melted. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker. Stir to combine, then cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir before serving with hot cooked rice.
Get ready for a yummy Sunday and after you try it let me know what you think.