Thursday, February 15, 2007

SUPER DUPER CLEANING POOPER

Once a week we have a SUPER DUPER CLEANING POOPER. I think I've mentioned before that training my girls (Titus 2:5 be busy at home, to be kind,) to be suitable helpers is tops on my list of things to do.

Genesis 12:2 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Wayne likes house to be neat and inviting, he's such a sweetie. So we do Flylady around these parts and have modified it to suit us. So once a week usually on a Thursday (the day after Hope Group) we turn on the jams (93.3 FM) and get down and get holy. The girls clean baseboards, window sills, pledge things, sort all the laundry in the house, organize things (if its their room), sort socks, wash walls, and cabinet fronts......oh how they they multiply the work completed! We get a lot done while we laugh, sing, dance and sometimes discipline. Also, there is much less squabbling because they are becoming used to working with each other.
They little one is learning to take wise counsel from each other and to give it to each other! (Even if it's just "Parker, pinks go in the pink and red pile" or "Peyton work or you're gonna get the vinegar!").
Proverbs 10:26As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him.
So hopefully, when they are older they will not be scoffers (all kinds of bad thing happen to scoffers like getting sucked into cracks and having the earth closed on your head...not good, no not good at all), but able to identify, accept & give wise counsel (even to/from their peers)!
Proverbs 19:20Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.
Now I am not going to lie and say the training process was easy but now that we are on the up slide. I can see that it was well worth it! I hope this encourages everyone to get those kids cleaning, advising & loving one another! Ohh..I almost left out the best part......after we finish the kids get to eat what ever snack they want as long as it has little to no nutritional value...they usually pick the house favorite 'Little Debbie's'! But today we are going to make Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!
Psalm 34:8Taste and see that the LORD is good...

5 comments:

Carpio Family said...

Good job training those girls. I pulled out my recipe journal today to do the meal plan, i thought of you. I also looked at my big container of sam's detergent and thought of you... how did you pull through the other week??

Garratts said...

I have not started this with my kids. It sort of makes me want to jump off a cliff even thinking about that.

HELP! I want to train Reese to be a suitable helper. How did you start?

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

It works for boys too...we are learning not to do things halfway and to work hard.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

texasmcvays said...

Kaylene, We made it with what was on hand. I keep a change jar and the Lord blessed me that there was $10 in there instead of the $4 I thought! Heather provided me with hot coco!

Ashley, I will blog a list of stuff I did to start the girls off... sometime this week. I have to have more time than a I do since Pearson just grabbed my wallet!

:)

sdfs said...

I've seen those little ones at work! They're so good at it and its so natural, I love that they know exactly what they need to do and they just go to di :)

I just started my split pea soup! I made some House Seasoning and added a little more garlic powder like you do! I'll let you know how it comes out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter