Thursday, July 09, 2009

Adding Fun & Games to your homeschool

Homeschool Hoopla post #4 OF 5
HOMESCHOOL HOOPLA IS SATURDAY AFTERNOON IN THE BRYAN COLLEGE STATION AREA. COMMENT ON THIS POST FOR MORE INFORMATION AND I WILL GET BACK TO ASAP. THIS IS A TITUS 2 EVENT SO IT IS OF COURSE FREE!
If you are like I was then you have loads of fun educational games that you have never used. You envision yourself playing these games with your kids and how much fun all of you will have. Well, in our homeschool this never happened we just had really cool games & CD's that collected dust.



So last year I did something a little different then what I normally did which was plan to play the games when we had time. I did the following 2 things: I Incorporated educational games into our Family Nights. Not every night but about once a month we played a fun educational game as a family.
  1. I put it on my lesson plan. I made Wednesday after lunch game time! Talk about some excited kids they were so excited to play games.

  2. I chose a curriculum that incorporated games into the lessons (Christian Cottage Unit Study). Last year, they had an explorer game and this year there are about 2-3 games in different units.

Something new we are going to do is to play games over the summer as part of our summer school fun! After we finish school and before we hop into the pool we play games and during the mid day heat of the summer we will get educated!

Buying Games...

I have purchased very few games new. Because most of these games cost more then what I spend on our curriculum. My most recent game purchase was Presto Change which I paid a whooping $4.98 instead of the $29.99 retail. Great States was purchased for $5 at a local Homeschool Book sale and it retails for $22.00. Now, I do have lots of little card games that I have purchased new from rainbow resources for %1.50-$5.00.

I familiarize myself with the games that I would like to own. I try to keep a list of these games and their retail prices and I am very rarely willing to spend more then $5 on a game.

Finally, games are not the only fun things that you can do so do not forget about field trips, living history days, co-ops, re-enactments, museums, pajama school. . . . .

Homeschool Fun School

RHA

BTW ....what games does your family like to play?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter