Saturday, May 09, 2009

I am not called to regret II

Repentance leads to fellowship with God and regret separates us from the Lord.
I know I had beat myself up over things I have done before I was a Christian over 12 years ago, I found myself mulling them over in mind and I was so regretful. In thinking about this pattern I believe regret shifts my focus onto myself and away from my Advocate. I some how displace him and attempt to save myself from the past sin.

Accordingly, Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines regret as “Pain of conscience” simply stated that I am thinking about my sin and I have become like Simon a captive to my sins. You know I have a Mighty and Holy God because I do not have to stay wallowing in the mud of regret I can repent.

19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, (Acts 3)

If I repent I will be refreshed instead of being beat down by my own thoughts. It reminds me that the Lord is faithful.

Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines repentance as:" 2)Real penitence; sorrow or deep contrition for sin as an offence and dishonor to God a violation of his holy law and the basest ingratitude towards a Being of infinite benevolence. This is called evangelical repentance and is accompanied and followed by amendment of life. "

To repent is to both the feeling of sorrow and the action of changing the way you live. With repentance God promises you will be refreshed (Acts 3:19) and that He will make His thoughts known (Prov 1:23).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter