Friday, July 17, 2009

Home Comforts: The Art & Science of Keeping Home


I have wanted this book for years, but I am wholly unable to buy a book for $35! So when I found it for $9.98 I happily handed over my spending money to the clerk.
Unlike the Martha Stewart book I have and love this book is more of a how to manual. Like the Joy of cooking but I guess this is the joy of cleaning!
I have already started reading it and I am really enjoying this book. It hits me where I am in that I am really good at some aspects of housekeeping and lacking in others. My mother was a career orientated attorney not a housewife. In my youth I also planned on being either an attorney or professional soccer player so she did not teach me homemaking skills, nor was I interested in them.
So, as I read through it I will probably periodically post on my progress through the book. Perhaps I'll post a few challenges for other new, untrained and perfecting homemakers!

1 comment:

Dina said...

I want to borrow that book when you are finished!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter