Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Children of New Life


This week at church Elder Alan was preaching from Malachi 2....


At the end of his service a little guy named Jax went to the front to pray on the steps. He was soon joined by his little brother, another little guy, and two of my own girls.
5 "My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.
7 "For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction—because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty.


At the end of the service we call for family & individual prayer. A few weeks before we discussed guide, graze & guard in terms of living our lives as Shepard's of the flocks of people in which we are around. Last week we as a church body committed to help parents raise their children in the fear admonition of the Lord. This week little Jax was guiding other little ones through his example to prayer.
Sometimes as a Mama, I think my Pearsy is too little to understand. But of these 5 children that all went unashamedly to the alter 3 of them should have been in the nursery, 3 should be too little to get understand. In fact, in many churches all of them would have either been in a nursery(0-5) or a children's worship type situation until about 6th grade (5-13) when they would first see their family and the body in corporate worship.
It was such an encouragement to me to see someone so young guiding other little ones through his example, the example that he has seen watching his own Daddy worship. Additionally, that the other children will see in their parents worship. I am so grateful for a church that encourages whole families to worship together. To see little hands raised, little knees bowed, little eyes searching, little Bibles open and small voices with big questions.
"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty,but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isiah 51:11
I have to remember always that God's word does not return void even in the littlest of ears and that ... the "commandments that [God gave us] today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
Remember always that we are nothing: So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 1 Corinthians 3:7 It's amazing to me that he can use those little ears even when my Mama ears are sometimes hard of hearing. :)

All of this really makes me wonder what did Samuel & Timothy's parent's did to raise them in such a way to produce such a Godly seed for the Lord to grow? I just hope this is an encouragement to those who read it to and are persevering in raising Godly seed.
RH


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter