Monday, April 13, 2009

Muffin Monday


No you didn't accidently click on Heritage School House but I just really wanted to share this very tasty use of blackberries! I figured Mrs. H has set the day so why not participate in the event! We eat a hot breakfast everyday except for Sunday so I am always on the hunt for a good recipe and here is one I've found....
Blackberry Muffins Recipe

Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon milk
2/3 cup sugar (I will use whole honey in the future)
8 Tbsp warm melted butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
11 oz of fresh blackberries, cut in half (often available at Trader Joe's ??? I got mine from Barney Phillips!)

(You can use frozen blackberries if fresh are not available. All I use are frozen we picked them last year)
Method
1 Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a standard 12 muffin pan or line with paper muffin cups. (Actually, with the berries you'll have more batter than just for 12 muffins. This batch made 18 muffins.)
2 Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3 In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, sugar, butter and vanilla.
4 Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix together with a few light strokes, just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Add the berries. (If you are using frozen berries, defrost them first, then drain the excess liquid, then coat them lightly in flour.) Do not overmix! Overmixing will cause the muffins to be dense, not fluffy. The batter should not be smooth.
5 Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean, 17-20 minutes (or longer). Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before removing from the pan. If not serving hot, let cool on a rack.
Serve as soon as possible, preferably within a few hours of baking.

from a great blog Simply Recipes
Have a wonderful Breakfast!

4 comments:

Miss Hannah said...

YUM Kyle! I'll have to try these! Thanks for sharing it.
Blessings,
Miss Hannah (Bear)

Rhonda said...

Your muffins look yummy! we like blackberry cobbler but have never tried blackberry muffins.

thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog, I love my prettied up pantry and hope you get yours fixed up too.

I'll be looking around your blog, it looks like lots of fun.

Lisa Smith said...

Yumm-eee! Mighty good to hug your neck at the circus!!! and, yes, we got home with all four kids ;)

Southern Charm said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog today. Don't you just love Mrs. H's muffins? Okay, I love all of her recipes. She is my hero in the kitchen, ha ha.

To answer your question, you can definitely wallpaper the back. I would use double stick tape though and not glue it down so you can change it up easily. But that's just me 'cause I wouldn't want to mess with the glue. Too impatient.

Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Don't forget to check out our farm blog: Rooster Hill Farm we are currently accepting new broiler & egg customers!







Topics: farming, homesteading, chickens, garden, buff orpingtons, kids, Christ, Christian Homemaking, Bible, rabbits, chicks,cooking, food, comfort food, country food, nurishing traditions, organic, Baptist, raising kids, farm, fun, black homeschoolers, black homeschool, lamplighter coupon, lamp lighter discount, decorate small house, country decor, reformed baptist, Mama



Site Meter